HOUSING ISSUES FOR SENIORS IN FREDERICK COUNTY
Housing (Source: 2020 American Community Survey [ACS])
- 81.4% – Living in owner-occupied units with average household size of 2
- 18.6% – Living in renter-occupied units with average household size of 1.5
- 1.4% – had no telephone service available
- 25% of households in owner-occupied units had selected monthly owner costs as a percentage of 30% or more of monthly household income in the past 12 months
- 57.5% of households in renter-occupied units had gross rent as a percentage 30% or more of monthly household income in the past 12 months
- 93.8% of the senior population were living in the same house as in the previous year
- 6.1%: living with grandchildren
Affordable Housing Data
- Between 2000 and 2014, the median gross rent in Frederick County increased 77%, from $719 to $1,272*.
- For 2018, the ALICE Household Survival Budget allocates $1,873 for housing costs for a single adult.
*Frederick County Affordable Housing Needs Assessment 2016